DIALOGUE # 20 – AMBASSADORS
by Pr Denis Sand – email@example.com
Objective of today’s dialogue: As the leader, help the group discussion concentrate and emphasize the idea that God has chosen us as His ambassadors, that this is a lifestyle to be lived at school, work, with friends, in parties, etc; and our mission is to call people the be reconciled with God.
Additional resources: Read and study the material in the following pages for context and further comprehension.
Welcome (15) – Fellowship
• If you were to be chosen to be an ambassador for a country, where would you like to be sent and why?
• What do you think is the main job of an ambassador?
• Have you ever represented someone? Share with the group how it felt.
Worship (15) – Worship
• Read Psalms 89:1-2
• Your love is deep
• Amazing Grace
• Take some time to give thanks to God and today concentrate on giving thanks for those who brought to you God’s message of Salvation. Mention who were the key messengers who helped you believe and know God.
• Pray in groups.
Word (30) – Discipleship
• Read 2 Corinthians 5:17-20
• What does it really means to be a new creation? v17
• What are some of the old things that are gone from your life? V17
• What is the meaning of being “in Christ”? v17 How can we do it today?
• Why do you think God has chosen teenagers, young adults and adults as His ambassadors? V19-20
• How can you be a full time ambassador of Christ in school, work, with friends, in parties?
• What is this ministry of reconciliation that we have received? V18-20
• How should we invite and call friends to be reconciled with God? V20
• How are you going to be an ambassador from now on?
• How would you summarize today´s message in one phrase?
• Ask group members: What have you heard God telling you to do?
• To do: Read out loud as a group, and commit to memorize 2 Corinthians 5.20
Works – Witness (15) – Ministry & Evangelism
• What could we do as a group to become better ambassadors of Christ?
• Share the names of friends who need to be reconciled with God?
• Pray for each of the names mentioned and make plans to invite them to your GG
• The vision of our groups is to share as ambassadors the beauty and love of Jesus with others. Challenge group members to join this vision!
• Get to know visitors, stay close to them, find out what they do, their passions and challenges.
Additional Resources: Christian Service, 9-13