DIALOGUE # 21 – IDENTITY
by Pr Denis Sand – email@example.com
Objective of today’s dialogue: Invite the group to embrace our true identity. Also help the group discussion concentrate and emphasize the idea that we are God’s creatures by simply being born, but in order to become his children there is a choice each one needs to make. Talk also about the advantages of becoming a son/daughter of God.
Welcome (15) – Fellowship
• Ask everyone present to hug four people and to tell them why he is glad they are at the group meeting tonight.
• If you were ever confused with someone else, how did it make you feel?
• If you could be someone else for a day who would you be and why?
Worship (15) – Worship
• Read Psalms 139:13-17
• Holy is the Lord
• Who am I
• Take time to give thanks to God for the family in which you grew up. Mention some qualities of your family for which you are thankful to God they had them.
Word (30) – Discipleship
• Read 1 John 3:1-3 and John 1:12-13
• What is your first reaction in knowing you are loved by God? 1 John 3.1
• What is the difference between being a creature of God and being children of God? John 1.12-13
• What do we need to do in order to become children of God? John 1.12
• What are the advantages and disadvantages of CHOOSING to be a son/daughter of God? 1 John 3.1
• Why do you think we need to choose to become God’s children? 1 John 3.1
• The world tries to define who people are by their race, color, education, passions, for what they wear, or who they listen to, but who should define our true identity and why?
• Since it’s hard for the world to know and understand our identity, what role do our actions play in letting the world know who we are? 1 John 3.1
• What changes should it bring to my life knowing my true identity and purpose in life? 1 John 3.3
• How can we “believe him” and “receive him” tonight? John 1.13
• Are you a son/daughter of God? Would you like to become one?
• Ask people to respond and share: What do you think is God telling you tonight?
• To do: Read out loud as a group, and memorize 1 John 3:1
Works – Witness (15) – Ministry & Evangelism
• Plan an activity as a group in which you can invite friends who don’t know they need to chose to be children of God.
• Ask how can we pray for you?
• Ask people about their friends who don’t know Christ, challenge them to bring them to the group meetings.