DIALOGUE # 23 – PRAYER
by Pr Denis Sand – firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective of today’s dialogue: Remind people that God really and eagerly wants to communicate with us. This means that while we talk, He listens carefully, and also that He definitely talks while we listen reverently.
Additional resources: Read and study the material in the following pages for context and further comprehension.
Welcome (15) – Fellowship
• How do you react when someone asks you relentless for something?
• Who is the friend with whom you could talk for hours?
• Why is it so special to talk to him/her?
Worship (15) – Worship
• Read Psalms 40.1-3
• You are my King
• Ask the group if God has answered any of their prayers. Ask people to briefly give thanks to God for the answers to their prayers.
• Pray in groups of three.
Word (30) – Discipleship
• Read Luke 11:1-13
• What is prayer anyway and how does it compares with “repeating” things from memory? Explain Ellen White description of prayer as talking to a friend.
• Why do you think we need to pray?
• In Jesus model prayer he offers two main sections, the first about God (v2) and the second about us (v3). Why do we need to pray for those two subjects?
• Why should we pray when we are in trouble, when things go well, when there is no answer?
• What is Christ trying to teach us about prayer with the parable found in verse 5-8?
• How can we really ask, seek, and knock with prayer? V9
• In what ways does God answer our prayers? Which response is harder, a yes, a no, or wait? Why?
• Share with the group a short testimony of the great blessings of praying. Also on how God has answered your prayers.
• How will you pray from now on?
• What do you think is God trying to tell you tonight?
• Pray together in groups of two.
• To do: Please read out loud as a group, and challenge members to memorize Luke 11.9
Works – Witness (15) – Ministry & Evangelism
• Think of people who need prayer and need to learn to pray.
• Pray for them, and invite them to the group.
• Ask: how do you feel about multiplication? Why do we need to multiply? What could happen if we don’t multiply?
• Review the vision of our Growth Groups!
• Is there any way we can pray for you?
• Find out how people did during the week and encourage them to take their burdens to Christ.
Additional Resources: Thoughts from the Mount of Blessing, 102-122