DIALOGUE # 1 – GROWTH
by Pr Denis Sand – firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective of today’s dialogue: Invite people to choose and commit to grow by being connected daily with God.
Additional resources: Read and study from Desire of Ages, Chapter 73, Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled, pp 674-677,
Welcome (15) – Fellowship
• Give a warm welcome and express the purpose of Growth Groups: to grow closer to God and to help others who don’t know Him yet experience the same
• Go around and ask each one to share their names and one thing that makes them good friends.
• What kind of things brakes relationships?
• What do you do to maintain your friendships?
• What practical things would you do if you wanted to make a relationship grow?
Worship (15) – Worship
• Psalm 92:1-6
• I’m a friend of God
• Draw me close to you
• Giving thanks: ask people to share reasons why they are thankful to God today. Take time to pray. Do a popcorn prayer with only thanksgiving.
Word (30) – Discipleship
• Read John 15:1-8
• Who is the gardener, the vine and the branches?
• What is the only way to have spiritual growth and why? v5
• In what way does God prune our characters? v2
• Since Christ is the Vine and we are the branches, how should we relate to this world/ground? What would this mean practically?
• What does it mean to remain in Him? v4-8
• How can we practically remain, live, stay connected to God in the midst of all we daily do?
• What does it mean and how can we bear fruit as a Christian? v8
• What kind of fruits are you producing and which ones would you like to produce? Why?
• What do you sense God telling you tonight?
• What changes will you do this week in order to make sure you remain connected to Christ?
• To do: Write now on a small card the key text of this week John 15.5. Carry it in your wallet or pocket, place it in your fridge and make sure you memorize it.
Works (15) – Ministry & Evangelism
• Share the vision with the group! Multiplication is our goal. Growth is our daily prayer.
• Ask: Do you have friends that need to grow in their relationship with God?
• Please write down their names and invite them to next week group meeting.
• How can we pray for each one’s challenges this week? share your requests
• Pray in groups of two
• Make sure you get to talk and know visitors!