DIALOGUE # 10 – PRIORITIES
by Pr Denis Sand – firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective of today’s dialogue: Challenge people to make God their first and foremost priority in their lives.
Welcome (15’) – Fellowship
• What kind of things gets people or you so exited that you forget to do some other things?
• How good are you at doing what needs to be done instead of what others want, or what you feel or want to do?
Word (30’) – Discipleship
• Read Luke 9:57-62
• Why do you think Jesus responds in this way to the first man in this story? v57,58
• What is the common thing between the second and third man response? And how does it relate or apply to us? v59,61
• What is Jesus asking them and us to do? And why? v60, 62
• What loyalties conflict with our commitment to Christ?
• Think about your current use of time, resources, your dreams and thoughts, what order of priorities they revealed? How do you think God feels about this?
• Read Matthew 6.33 How important is God considering your daily schedule?
• We believe God is leading the Growth Groups movement in Westchester, then what priority should Growth Groups and its activities have in your lives?
• Consider the well know phrase “First things first” along with Psalms 46.10. What should you do about it?
• What changes should we make in order to place the kingdom of God first in our lives? How can the group help in making it a reality?
• What is God telling you tonight?
• To do: Repeat together and memorize Matthew 6:33. Remember to live by it from now on!
Works – Witness (15’) – Ministry & Evangelism
• Ask each person to write down their priorities and then assign them a numerical order according to their importance. Challenge people to place God as number 1!
• If the kingdom of God should be placed first, consider as a group who should we visit together as a group this week. When and how? Coordinate the details and make it happen. Go visit, pray and ask for God’s blessing upon them.
• How can this group pray for you tonight?
• Use this time wisely. Put the Kingdom of God first in all your conversations, talking with love to visitors or new members.